We are hiring! If you want to joint Team Swing as an Account Manager and Events Planner. Click here: WFS Account Manager Job Description or read below for more information.
Wet Fly Swing Podcast Account Manager – Job Description
Dream job alert! Want to use your natural gifts and strengths as a communicator by connecting with our clients and brands to help them meet all of their goals through our podcast sponsorship program.
Do you wish you could get paid to spend your days working with clients, creating custom activations that connect our podcast listeners with our clients and giving back to the environment by serving our clients and listeners at the highest level.
We are a fast growing company, focused on helping small businesses engage new prospects to serve them with their products and services. Forget about the old boring ads of old and create new sponsorship activations through our podcast to make sure our clients and listeners are excited to press play on the podcast.
We are hiring an Account Manager with event management experience who can serve our clients and develop new engaging custom activations that connect our podcast listeners with our sponsors. We want someone who thinks of each day as a playground and has the freedom to be creative and who is not afraid to fail.
You’re the type of person that gets energy from talking with people and loves a challenge. You’re the type of person who doesn’t need a script but enjoys creating something new each day. You’re the type of person who loves developing and working on events that connect people to their passions.
You know that podcast sponsorship can be done a different way – You don’t think of sponsorship as boring ads, but as an exciting and challenging tool to connect guests, listeners and clients. The thrill of working with clients gets you jumping out of bed in the morning! And you don’t mind answering those emails late in the day when a client is having a hard day or has big questions.
We’ll send you prospects and clients who need a mentor and guide to create a plan that isn’t boring, but is exciting and gets them and our audience excited about the next episode. You will also help with sales calls and prospecting to secure future clients. And you get excited about the word sales call.
You’ll be helping clients find success through our sponsorship program even when they have no idea what success looks like. You will be their guide and will walk our clients through this journey to success. You will join our staff to celebrate big wins and back each-other up when a challenging day occurs. You want to work in a small team and appreciate these benefits.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
- The hours can be weird. At first, we may have 5-10 hours a week, but some months during Trips and Events it might be more like 20-30, and then as you start to get more familiar with our business + seasonality, and as we continue to grow, we’d love for you to join us full-time. So, if you’re looking for something full-time to start, or want to squeeze out more work next to your other 5 clients, then this is no longer the “coolest” job ever, it just became the “not so coolest job ever” and probably isn’t a good fit.
- We’re looking for someone who can join the team with these part-time hours, but feel like this is their full-time home, and this is NOT a fit for someone who is looking to build their own sponsorship program or side business..
- Review points 1 & 2.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- Our office is virtual…which means you can wear yoga pants, pajamas, or a costume. Really the idea is that you can wear whatever you want. Just think of the amazing money you’ll be saving on ‘work clothes’ and the time in the morning that you won’t have to spend on travel. We only ask that you’re available for our weekly team meeting.
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly with our team and clients, guests and listeners of the podcast.
- We’re not big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around. We’re not big on double checking your work or having a bunch of back and forth just to get a task done.
- The hours are super flexible + we support families. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you and your life. Our preference is that you’re within 3+/- hours of Pacific Time zone as our company operates in PST.
- You will experience things, do things, grow and make decisions on things that no typical sales professional role would ever allow you to do.
- You’ll have a ton of autonomy, we encourage your intrapreneurial drive. There will be lots of opportunities to bring your ideas to the table and boss us around when you need us to get things done. Seriously — we want you to take charge and be creative to get the results!
- You don’t have to run your own business! Maybe you’ve been around that block, and it wasn’t for you. Now you can have all the benefits of supporting people to create their dream businesses that provide freedom, without all the headaches + expenses of actually building your own empire. It’s like the best of both worlds! You don’t want the pressures of marketing + growing your own business.
Wet Fly Swing Account Manager: OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Wet Fly Swing Accounts and Events Manager is the Swing Superstar responsible for client success and account tracking and organization. You will be a leader and celebrate big wins every week with our amazing group of sponsors.
You’re fired up about our mission to create the greatest podcast experience in our space for our listeners, our guests and our clients. You will be the brains behind the creation of some of the most interesting and enjoyable activations in the country.
You will help to create and foster a space for interaction and engagement with no limits. It is our goal that you grow into the perfect job that balances flexibility, family and of course fly fishing. You will have plenty of time to discover some of the greatest trips around the world and if interested will be able to attend some of these events.
You will be communicating with our potential clients, community + the team. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting direction, and be able to do it with love + empathy…even if you’re having a shit day. High emotional intelligence is vital to this role, as is the ability to have difficult conversations from time to time.
You are the ruler of the email, phone and zoom – sending emails, talking on the phone and a zoom master are keys to working with our clients.
You are highly organized, always remember everyone’s name, and you love client success. You know that our customers’ lives are 1000x better when they have our support and know that we have their back and are always there to support them throughout their journey.
You are meticulous in your work. We’re looking for someone who understands the difference between efficiency (👍) and productivity (👎) and gets shit done. (Oh and we occasionally swear during zoom meetings – even though we typically bleep out swearing on the podcast since beeping is kinda funny).
You share our company values. We believe that family is first, conservation and environmental protection is gigantic and that empathy is the key to success . We encourage you to apply if you share those values.
In short, your job is to help us in any way you can drive our mission forward + continue to improve the experience and results for our clients. And to have fun at work, and to get out on the water fly fishing more as part of your job.
But what I don’t expect is perfection for you to qualify for this job. Tools are teachable, but we do expect you to have a solid understanding of the online business world and a keen interest in client work. . We expect intelligence, energy, organization, resourcefulness and a get it done attitude.
To learn more about the company, check out our wetflyswing.com
- Weekly Client calls using zoom, phone and email to monitor sponsorship success.
- Manage client engagement with podcast listeners to verify client ROI.
- Keep in touch with our team through Slack and regular calls.
- Jump on discovery calls to walk prospects through a pipeline
- Check in with and re-engage leads every 30/60/90 days
- Keep detailed notes on warm leads in our lead tracking system
- Report on any trends you are noticing in responses that could inform our sponsorship program.
- Answer all questions about the programs through email and zoom.
- Have conversations, learn about our customers, and leave them with an amazing experience so they feel seen, heard and understood
- Track all metrics on client success and document all data in a fulfillment report that you create.
- Build out a library of reusable responses to common questions and systematize tasks.
- Utilize the fulfillment report process to make the sale for multi-year client deals.
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of the status of all of your clients.
- Know our program inside and out and be able to answer any question about what’s included, what the outcomes are, what the bonuses are, the support that’s included, etc
- Know our proven results inside and out and be able to share relevant case studies and testimonials as they relate to each lead you are speaking to
- Become an expert in our lead management tech and software so you can navigate our systems easily.
Ultimately we will train you thoroughly on the details of our programs, sales experience and strategies – but you’ll already be equipped with a positive attitude and a true passion for supporting people to achieve their goals!
- Be exceptionally confident in seeing our clients through to success in meeting their goals.
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented, with a love of developing new systems and processes.
- Be excellent at managing ongoing conversations with multiple people at once.
- Have high emotional intelligence and be able to listen to, support, and encourage others.
- Experience selling high end programs in the $5-10k range
- You overcome even the toughest objections with ease, grace, calm and certainty, without ever seeming pushy or overstepping.
- Your passion in client success comes from knowing how powerful the transformation they will receive in the program is.
- You are excited to become immersed in our programs so you can answer any question or hesitation easily and accurately
- You are a people person, positive vibes, high energy, always sounds genuine and approachable on video, text or voice memo
- You take direction and are coachable and ready to be trained in our unique system for podcast sponsorship.
- Available to work Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern. (You don’t necessarily need to be in Eastern Time Zone, but a willingness to operate predominantly in these hours is key!)
*Please note, this role is very unique in that sponsorship clients occasionally need help on a weekend. We are seeking someone who is hungry and energized to go the extra mile with this role.
As our Account Manager, Activation and Event planner, please craft an activation or event for our sponsor that engages our podcast listeners and gets them excited to take the action that you create. Success is delivered when our podcast listeners, guests and sponsors all get wins together on each episode.
We will train you on the sponsorship program,, so don’t worry if you don’t know the ins and outs of that yet, but we are looking for someone who is passionate about the work we do and continuing to improve how we deliver that work.
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties, or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.
We will likely get 100+ applications for this role and we simply don’t have time to interview that many candidates, so make this stand out if you want a job that will change the entire trajectory of your life.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer:
- The rate for this role will be $20/hr plus bonuses for reaching client goals, with room to grow as you grow and add more value to the company and our clients.
- This is a part time job. The hours would start around 5-10 hours a week and likely grow from there into full-time over the next 12-18 months.
- This is a virtual role, so you can work from wherever is most comfortable — but we’d prefer someone who is within 3 hours +/- of the Pacific Time zone.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that, when you apply for this position you must use the secret subject line for the email — it must include “I am a Wet Fly Swing fanatic”. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but, is optional) is to send a quick video in along with your resume (in fact, everyone who works here did this). And if you decide not to send a video, please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
Create a cover letter or video answering the following questions:
Tell us how this job is a fit specifically for you. We know what’s a fit for us and want to know if this is a fit for YOU. We will NOT be calling you to clarify whether or not you’re a fit. Share with us why we’d be lucky to have you on the team and why you’d make the perfect fit.
- After you submit your application, THEN email your video or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the secret subject line.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm PST Sunday, December 4th, 2022.
Late applications will not be accepted.